I am a commitment to embodying these qualities
(from Richard Leider’s Napkin Test):
- Gifts: Cultivating connection. Listening. Asking powerful questions. Creating safe spaces.
- Passion: Being in relationships that are grounded in deep sharing and transformation.
- Values: Integrity. Authenticity. Vulnerability. Getting to the heart of the matter quickly.
- Calling: To develop skills and the capacity, in myself and others, for deep connection/relationships.
- Purpose: To cultivate conversations across any type of conflict, divide, or difference, where all those engaged are left more whole, inspired, and connected.
* Center for Purposeful Leadership – https://centerforpurposefulleadership.com/tom-mcsteen
* KRW International - https://krw-intl.com/staff/tom-mcsteen/
Prior Compliance and Legal Positions:
That inner voice has both gentleness and clarity. So to get to authenticity, you really keep going down to the bone, to the honesty, and the inevitability of something." – Meredith Monk
Since completing a nearly 30-year legal career in 2016, I have weaved together multiple trainings and my life journey learnings into two interrelated paths: first, as a guide and convener for heart-centered and relational conversations and dialogue, at sacreddiscourse.com; and, second, as an embodied leadership coach, at stillpondcoaching.com.
I am fortunate to have coaching certifications from the Strozzi Institute, the Newfield Network, and the Full Voice Institute; and I am certified by the International Coaching Federation. I am also certified as: a Convening Leader, with the Center for Purposeful Leadership; a Compassionate Listening Facilitator, with The Compassionate Listening Project; a Safe Conversations Facilitator, with RelationshipsFirst; a HeartMath Coach/Mentor; and a Speaking Circles Facilitator.
I most enjoy helping people and teams really get to what is underlying all of the talk, by practicing deep listening, relational presence, and heart-centered connection.