The 4th threshold on the Journey: Loved as you begin a new journey
The Journey Continues. . .
"We shall not cease from exploration, and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time." T. S. Eliot, Little Gidding, Part V, "Four Quartets."
We return where we began, to the eternal embrace of Divine Love. We were formed by our journey with its original blessing, movements through fields of openness, Divine encounters, and co-creation. But the small story of separation is "sticky" so that we have to be reminded of our beginnings in beauty and union.
Ever Widening Circles
I live my life in widening circles
that reach out across the world.
I may not complete this last one
but I give myself to it.
I circle around God, around the primordial tower.
I've been circling for thousands of years
and I still don't know: am I a falcon,
a storm, or a great song?
Rilke, Book of Hours, I 2
The Journey is one that is lived "against"
an infinite horizon of possibilities.
The mystery of Unfolding Love is the Source of the joyful unfolding of our destiny.
There will, of course, continue to be challenges along the way. But with each "widening circle" we grow stronger, more compassionate and increasing clear about our purpose in living this "one wild and precious life."
Evolving With Each Adventure
Although the road is never ending, take a step and keep walking , do not look fearfully into the distance.
On this path let the heart be your guide for your mind is hesitant and full of fear.
1. Affirm the reality that something has occurred even if it is wordless.
2. This is the transition to ordinary, linear time (chronos) while still experiencing transformative time (kiaros) … It is like learning to live in “stereo”.
3. Please be gentle as not to have the spiritual and psychic “bends." Be cautious and careful in the coming days. Hold it lightly.
4. The most important thing is to remember the most important thing. Remember the gifts of the Journey. Surface them through mantra, ritual, poetry.
5. Remember, it took time and intention to enter into the process, and now will take time and intention to “hold the transformation” vision even if it feels marginalizing.
10 Questions of "calling" for the Return
The fragrance always remains in the hand that gives the rose. Heda Bejar
1. Am I called to live in a liminal space?
2. Am I called to be a little mystic embracing the mystery that is life?
3. Am I called to pay the price of living fully and willing to be marginalized?
4. Am I called to live in that place between the inner and outer?
5. Am I called to endure the tension and bliss of staying on the path?
6. Am I called to resist the temptation to remain quasi asleep?
7. Am I called to recognize the beauty of Love in a human vessel?
8. Does "God" want me to fall in love with "God"?
9. Am I called to hold what I "know" lightly and rest in my unknowing?
10. Am I called to see my life as a gift to the world?